If you want to talk to us about this policy or any concerns or queries you have about the use of your personal information, please contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (09) 600 3121.
This policy is provided for your information and doesn’t limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 1993
1. What information does Urban Sherpa collect and how?
2. How does Urban Sherpa use your information?
The information that we collect from you may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business such as:
- processing and evidencing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account;
- billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method) and collecting any debt owed to us by dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis, and improvements to our products and services;
- contacting you about our products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to). Where such contact is via electronic means, you agree that the electronic marketing messages we and our selected third parties send don’t need to include an unsubscribe facility;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of any loyalty or reward programmes (or other similar schemes) we may offer from time to time;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- generally customising your experience on our sites; or for general administrative and business purposes.
3. Sharing your information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- any group companies of ours who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
- those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide;
- credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise), who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- debt collection agencies or companies, in order to collect any money owing by you in respect of an unpaid bill from us (if we send one);
- anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- anyone who assists us in protecting our computers, networks and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
- anyone who hosts or maintains computer systems or data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us and our group companies, where your information is processed (which may be outside New Zealand);
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
- aggregated user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers, customers, potential customers and partners; or
- any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993, including with your prior authorisation which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you. If you have not opted out of receiving marketing material from us, we may also provide your personal information to carefully selected third parties who we reasonably believe provide products or services that may be of interest to you and who have contracted with us to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving our marketing materials, please contact email@example.com. Even if you opt out, we may still need to send you essential information about your account or changes to our services from time to time.
4. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a
way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name and address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.
We will not be able to provide your personal information if we do not know or don’t have reasonable grounds to believe it is personal information about you or if disclosing the information would involve the unwarranted disclosure of the affairs of another individual.
You can request correction or amendment of the information held by us at any time and as often as necessary by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com and specifying the information you require to be changed. If it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to do so, we will make the requested change or correction, otherwise, we’ll take reasonable steps to mark that information as having been subject to a change or correction request.
For further information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal
information of individuals in New Zealand, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Some of our services are password-protected so that only you have access to your personal information. You should not reveal your password to other people and you should change it regularly. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also, if you are using the internet, remember to sign out of your account with us and close your browser window when you have finished. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
6. Internet use
We make every effort to maintain the security of our internet connections; however for reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us or from our online products or services will therefore be at your own risk. However, we will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that any such information remains secure. We cannot protect any information that you make available to the general public – for example, on message boards or in chat rooms.
- understand what you like and use about our website;
- understand what you do not like and do not use on our website;
- provide a more enjoyable, customised service and experience,
- enable you to use certain services on our website; and
- help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
We may use a cookies to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration details on your PC or device. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don’t have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned above.
Most browser technology (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc) allows you to choose whether to accept cookies or not – and so you can either refuse all cookies or you can set your browser to alert you each time that a website tries to set a cookie. You do not need to have cookies turned on to access our services, but you may need them to access certain services offered by us.
GET YOUR FIRST PICK UP FREE!
Sign up to UrbanSherpa and we'll send you a code to get your first pick up for free.